What is the ZoneSafe Proximity Warning System?
The main function of Zonesafe is to protect workers and drivers on-site by alerting and monitoring their interactions with plant machinery. Reducing the risks of collisions and preventing accidents to people and assets on work sites is an essential health and safety requirement. The risk of accidental collision is significantly increased when vehicles work in close proximity to pedestrians. For example, a potentially fatal crushing hazard can occur when a pedestrian worker goes undetected by a forklift or excavator operator with limited vision. The ZoneSafe Vehicle to Person proximity warning and alert system is specially designed to help reduce the risk of accidental collisions between plant machinery and pedestrian workers and also monitor the interactions.
The ZoneSafe proximity warning system uses radio frequency identification (RFID) technology to create detection zones around vehicles, assets, crossing points and walkways. Active tags can be worn by personnel, fitted to assets or setup around hazards. Tags are identified by the system when they enter the detection zone. This triggers an audible visual alert, warning vehicle operators of the tags close proximity to the vehicle. It will also upload the interaction onto a data management software programme.
Benefits of a Proximity Warning System on site?
- The only system available which alerts both the driver and pedestrian of potential danger.
- Greatly reduces the Risks of Accidents, Injury & Damage.
- Helps enforce company policies around interactions by monitoring and reporting incidents.
- Can also be used for Asset Protection and access control applications.
- Proven & Reliable Technology.
- Globally Supported Standard & Customised Solutions.
- Quick and easy to install.
- Cost effective compared to other technology such as 360 degree camera’s.
- Raise safety standards within the business and be recognised for those safety standards.
Contact us and we’ll help you explore the range of cost-effective solutions