Expected lifetime of the protective coating
The average coating thickness is about 70 µm on the components. The expected service life will depend on the corrosivity of the user environment. According to ISO 9223:2012 the corrosion rate is 4-8 µm/year for a maritime environment with high salinity (C5-very high). This will result in an expected lifetime of 9-17 years. The toughest category in the standard is an offshore environment with direct exposure to salt water (e.g. fishing ships). In this application the corrosion rate is estimated to be 8-25 µm/year (CX-extreme), which would give an expected lifetime of 3-9 years.
Properties of components
- Applicable parts of NS9415:2009
- European standard EN 1677-1:2008
- European standard EN 1677-3:2008
- Hot Dip Galvanized according to ISO 1461:2009
- In order to minimize the risk for hydrogen embrittlement no acid pickling has been used before the hot dip galvanization.
- Inspection certificate acc. EN-10204 - 3.1
- High Tensile Steel
- Quenched and Tempered
- Grade 8/80
- -40 °C to 200 °C
|Code||Part No||Weight KG||WLL T||A||B||E||H||G||L||F||Stock||Price|