Prolift provide some instruction on choosing the correct lifting equipment to help make that decision easier for you.
Wednesday 9th January 2019
There are three main types of lifting equipment: Chain, Steel Wire Rope and Polyester Lifting Equipment. The application for these often overlap, therefore, you may simply choose the type you are most familiar with, however, there are differences in properties you need to be aware of.
- Chain is wear resistant and has the best durability
- It is flexible as it is the only option which has the ability to be shortened and there are a wide range of components to choose from.
- Chain is heat resistant, however, the load capacity can be effected in extreme temperature
- Chain is easy to store and 100% recyclable
- It is lighter than chain.
- Usually hot-dip galvanised for best rust protection
- Suitable for extremely heavy loads
- 100% recyclable.
- Difficult to store
- It is a light weight
- Very sensitive to sharp edges and alkalis
- Suitable for fragile goods due to the soft texture material
- Flexible for difficult or odd shaped loads
- Easy identification of max. load by colour
- Easy to store and 100% recyclable.